This is a quick timeline of my ministry and professional experiences…
My Timeline & Experiences:
- I’m a native Texan.
- I attended Abilene Christian University earning undergrad and graduate degrees in Biblical Missiology with an emphasis on cross-cultural communication.
- My wife and I planted churches in rural East Africa for two years, learning about and working within the culture and language of the Sukuma people of Tanzania.
- Stateside we have worked with a churches in Texas, Alabama and Maryland and those churches have included Churches of Christ, nondenominational churches, Disciples of Christ and emergent congregations. We are now at home in the Episcopal Church.
- I served as a senior pastor in Bethesda, MD, from August of 2007 through December 2015.
- I’ve been involved with retreats with the Center for Ignatian Spirituality and Prayer at Holy Trinity Catholic Parish in Georgetown, Washington DC, since 2008. This was my first exposure to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius which I have since adapted into individual and congregational experiences.
- I was a Fellow with the Lewis Center for Church Leadership at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington DC, and the Joe R. Engle Institute of Preaching at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- I was involved with making art and planning for the WildGoose Festival in 2011, 2012 & 2014.
- I completed Life Coach training with the church planting organization Mission Alive based in Dallas, Texas, in 2013.
- In 2014 I became involved with The Reformation Project by reading God and the Gay Christian by Matthew Vines, attending The Reformation Project DC conference (#TRPinDC) in November of 2014.
- It’s been a great pleasure in recent years to attend, soak in and make art with the Missional Voices conference.
- I worked for over four years as a technician, trainer, and leader in two local Apple stores, Apple Montgomery Mall and Apple Bethesda Row. I was so blessed by all my friends and coworkers.
- As a Transitional Deacon in the Episcopal Church working toward my ordination as a Priest, I served at St. James Episcopal Church, Potomac, MD.
- Since June of 2019 I am the Missioner for Parish Revitalization and Young Adults in the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, DC.
- Ordained a Priest in the Episcopal Church on December 15, 2019.
- After a year of inquiry I was accepted and began my postulancy studies in the Fall of 2020 with the Anglican Order of Preachers.